Sunday 1 January 2012

The Importance of Photography

I am a big believer of the power of photography, I spend my days talking to clients explaining the importance of just that. I feel that a photograph needs to have impact, grab your attention and make your heart flutter. This can be a wedding photo, a portrait photo, or a photo of someone who is very dear to you. Without that impact when you see it, it is just a photograph.

I have been a little distracted for the last six months, why I hear you say? I am very proud to have a brother-in-law who is a Marine and for the last six months he has been in Afghanistan on the front line. There has not been a day that has gone by where I have not thought of him. With minimal contact, a few emails here and there, you are always left hoping they will be safe and well. Then one day I got a photograph which was impactive, grabbed my attention and just filled me with emotion and filled me with pride. It is moments like this that make photography such an important thing, and here is that shot.


In the current economic times we find ourselves in I understand clients need to keep a closer eye on their wedding budget. Weddings are expensive but they make fantastic memories and photography is a key part of that day. You cannot put a price on fantastic photography, recording every part of the day so that in years to come when you see your photos, your heart will skip a beat. At the end of the day some parts of the wedding only last the day, photos are timeless and are incredibly powerful- just like the one above!

I was recently in Plymouth to welcome my brother-in-law return back to the UK. Again all very proud moments that I will not forget, now I can be a little less distracted knowing he is home safe!

No comments: