Sunday 12 September 2010

A huge Thank You to Sally!!!!

For those people who check out my blog regularly you will know that when I am not behind the camera I am normally sailing a yacht on the West Coast of Scotland ;-)

A few weeks ago I took some time out to do week of tuition with my instructor called Sally. Now Sally is quite an inspirational character, some may say quite a task master, she can put a boat anywhere, sail it in any conditions- she just does it!!! So that is quite a good person to learn from and I had an amazing week of testing conditions. At the start of the week I was out of my comfort zone at about 20 knots of wind (about a force 5), by the end of the week I wasn't going out to play in anything under 25-30 knots of wind (about a force 7)!!!!!

I passed at the end of the week which I will always be grateful to Sally for. So that now puts me at the Coastal Skipper level which was my aim for 2010 ;-) So from here on I will be getting as much practice as possible to gain more experience, so if I am not behind the camera you will find me on the West Coast of Scotland!!

Thanks Sally, here is one for your wall (only slightly Photoshopped, but only for the effect!!) ;-)


No comments: